Richard S. Granat, J.D.
Welcome to MD Family Lawyer.com – the Maryland divorce law firm that provides online legal services for a fixed fee in Maryland in uncontested divorce and other family law matters. Our proprietary online technology enables our law firm to offer you the lowest cost divorce service in the State of Maryland.
Our passion is helping people divorce peacefully and get on with their lives, without spending thousands of dollars on legal fees. If you have children, the money is better spent on your children rather than on legal fees.
In 2002, we developed an online technology platform to enable low-cost online divorce and family law services. Granat Legal Services, L.L.C. is the first online Maryland divorce law firm to provide low-cost divorce and family law services for fixed and affordable fees. No more hourly rates that you can’t control and which can break your bank account.
We provide you with all of the forms you need plus legal advice for a fixed fee. When you purchase legal forms from a legal forms website you do not get any legal advice or guidance of any kind. Compare our service to what you get from a typical legal forms website.
I am the author of “How to Do Your Own Divorce in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia,” and “Divorce: A Do-It-Yourself Manual For Marylanders.” I am a member of the Maryland Bar and District of Columbia Bar.
I have served as Co-Chair of the ELawyering Task Force of the Law Practice Management Section of the American Bar Association, whose mission is to help lawyers deliver affordable legal services over the Internet to clients of moderate income. I am also a member of the Standing Committee on the Delivery of Legal Services of the ABA, which is concerned with developing new methods of delivering legal services to people of moderate means.
In addition, I have been:
- the Coordinator of the Maryland Court System’s “Pro Se Project” on self-help representation in family law matters.
- the Founder of the People’s Law Library of Maryland. This project taught me about the power of the Web to change peoples’ lives through the provision of legal information.
- a member of the American Bar Association, the Maryland Bar Association (a member of the Family Law Section for both), and the District of Columbia Bar Association.
- I am a graduate of Columbia University School of Law (J.D.); University of Pennsylvania (M.S.); and Lehigh University (B.A.).
- a member of the core group that started the Civil Justice Network of Maryland.
- a member of the Board of Directors of Responsive Law – the leading organization advocating for the consumer’s voice in the legal system.
- Winner – FastCase50
- Winner- 2013 -ABA James I. Keane Memorial Award for Excellence in the Delivery of Legal Services
- Winner- 2010- ABA Louis M. Brown Lifetime Achievement Award for Legal Access
Richard S. Granat, Esq.
Granat Legal Services, L.L.C.
550 M Ritchie Highway, Suite 220
Severna Park, Maryland 21146
[We are a virtual law firm and only provide legal services on-line. The best way to reach our law firm is by email. or phone]
The most secure way to communicate with our firm is through our secure client portal, which you can get to by registering here.
For brief questions about Maryland family law don’t hesitate to use our free Legal Advice Service by email.
Support: Phone: 410-204-4859 | Fax: 561-828-5812 | Text: 561-214-1306 |
Last Revised: October 11, 2019.L.L.C.,