Our Advantage: We are not just a legal document preparation web site. We are a Maryland law firm offering legal services for a fixed and affordable fee in family law matters for Maryland residents.
We provide you with legal advice from a Maryland law firm. Click here to compare our services with the leading divorce forms companies.
We are different from a divorce forms site because:
- We stand behind and guarantee our work. If you go to a non-lawyer document preparation service, any guarantee is limited or non-existent.
- You are protected by the lawyer/client relationship. As lawyers, we must keep any communications between us confidential, and we are required to avoid any conflicts of interest. We use the SSL protocol, which is the most secure method of transmitting information over the Internet. You can be assured that our services are trustworthy, private, and secure.
- We comply with all of the Professional Rules that apply to members of the Maryland Bar. The services that we provide are regulated by the Maryland State Bar. A legal forms web site offered by a non-lawyer document preparation company is not regulated in any way. If there is a problem, you have no recourse.
- We comply with the American Bar Association’s “Best Practice” Guidelines for legal web sites. These guidelines apply to law firms.
- We offer a 100% Guarantee. Review our Guarantee Policy.
- We help you represent yourself in order to save on legal fees. Learn more about pro se representation.
We are different from a typical law firm because:
- We are virtual. We communicate with you solely over the Internet by e-mail and also by telephone. You don’t have to give up time away from work to come to our offices. By providing our services “virtually”, we are able to keep our fees low and make it convenient for you. You have the ability to send us an e-mail or complete our on-line questionnaires at a time that is convenient for YOU.
- No retainer agreements or up-front fees. You buy only the legal services that you need – at a fixed price per task.
- You know what you will pay. No hourly rates or hidden charges – just a simple fixed and reasonable fee.
- We do not have fancy offices. We are a virtual law firm and provide our services via the Internet. We do not maintain expensive, physical offices. We conduct most of our business by e-mail and via the Internet; therefore, personal meetings are generally not needed. This gives us the ability to pass those savings on to our clients.
- We use state-of-the-art document assembly technology. We use a world-class state-of-the art document automation technology. This technology enables us to generate your documents more efficiently, thereby allowing us to pass savings on to you. Few Maryland law firms use this kind of technology.
- We do not handle any litigation. This keeps our malpractice premiums low.
- We guide you every step of the way. We guide you through the process of representing yourself. We support the concept of self-representation. Self-help law, also known as “pro-se” representation, is the process of filing your own documents and representing yourself in court. This is a very effective method of saving on legal fees because you do part of the work yourself. Our role is to prepare your documents for you; give you the legal advice you need; and prepare you to represent yourself so that you can avoid making any crucial mistakes.