How It Works
- Choose the document you need, and begin the online questionnaire.
- Save your answers. You can return any time to edit/finish.
- When you're ready to go forward, pay by credit card and submit your questionnaire.
- We'll prepare your documents; amend as necessary; and notify you when ready.
- Legal advice and instructions will also be provided.
- Marital Settlement Agreement - $149
- Maryland Divorce with Children - with Maryland Separation Agreement - $299
- Maryland Divorce without Children - with Maryland Separation Agreement - $249
- Maryland Online Divorce Mediation - Premarital Agreement - $99
- Complaint for Child Support - $149
- Modification of Child Support - $149
- Complaint for Visitation Package - $149
Wills and Estate Planning
Online Legal Advice
- Legal Advice by Phone - $50
- Free Legal Advice by E-Mail -
- Legal Advice by Webcam - $50
- Legal Document Review
- Court Coaching Service - $150
MDFamilyLawyer.com, is Maryland's first
divorce law firm
helping clients represent themselves in uncontested divorce and
other family law matters.
In 1998, I wrote the first book on how to do your own Maryland divorce, and I have helped hundreds of Maryland residents save on legal fees by enabling them to represent themselves in a "no-fault" or "uncontested" divorce.
One of my passions as a Maryland divorce lawyer is figuring out how to help people divorce peacefully and get on with their lives, without spending thousands of dollars on legal fees. If you have children, the money is better spent on your children rather than on legal fees, if you can avoid it.
Guide to Doing Your Own Divorce in Maryland
Do you qualify for alimony in Maryland?
Take the Quiz and
then ask for Free Legal
Advice by EMAIL.
Maryland now only requires a 12-month separation for a no-fault divorce. (More...)
We offer an "unbundled legal service" for self-represented parties in Maryland uncontested divorce matters. This means that we offer legal forms bundled with legal advice for an affordable, fixed fee (Read more...). This is an innovative approach to getting a Maryland divorce at the lowest possible cost.
If you have only one or two issues that need resolution before you get an uncontested divorce consider trying our Online Divorce Mediation Service. It is a fixed price service ($4000.00 for both couples) that includes the cost of all of the forms that you need. (Read More... )
After you get your divorce, don't forget to update your Will, Power of Attorney, Living Will and other estate planning documents.
ITake advantage of our Free Legal Advice by E-Mail Offer.
- Just click on a document name and start completing one of our online questionnaires. When you are ready, you can save your answers, register to become a client of our firm, and purchase.
- After you pay and submit your questionnaire, we prepare your documents; amend as necessary to make sure everything is correct; notify you when your documents are ready; and provide you with additional legal advice and instructions.
- If you have only one or two issues separating you and your spouse from total agreement, try our Online Fixed Fee Divorce Mediation Service.
We offer a new way
to purchase legal services for securing a Maryland divorce.
We focus on preparing your legal documents for Maryland no-fault divorce and other family law matters, enabling you to file your documents yourself and to keep your legal fees as low as possible. We do not handle contested divorces.
If you have a contested divorce we can refer you to a full service attorney who can provide you with more traditional representation.
As a law firm licensed to practice law in Maryland, we offer lawyer-reviewed divorce and other legal documents specific to the State of Maryland plus the legal advice needed for you to use those forms and instructions on how to proceed from the initial filing to the final hearing.
Remember...only a law firm can give you legal advice. A forms company cannot provide you with legal advice and adds very little for the fee they charge, like making sure that you spell your name correctly! See comparison to leading legal forms company.
Learn more about
Richard S. Granat, Granat Legal Services, P.C.
2013 ABA James Keane Award
for Excellence in eLawyering
ABA Meritorious Recognition 2005 Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access
2010 Louis M. Brown Lifetime Achievement Award for Innovation in the Delivery of Legal Services
2009 ABA Journal Names Richard Granat as a "Legal Rebel" -one of the leading lawyers changing the legal profession.